Last updated: January 1, 2020
Doodle’s relationship with our customers
If you are using the Doodle technology and services, our Terms of Service describe the services that we provide to you and serves as your instruction to us to process information as part of the performance of our services. For the purposes of CCPA, the data that you or third parties provide to us and the data that we collect on your behalf may include personal information. In this context, if you are subject to CCPA, you are a “business” and we are your “service provider” (hereinafter as defined in the CCPA). Any personal information of your end users that is provided to Doodle by you or third parties and/or which we collect on your behalf is in the context of the services we are providing to you pursuant to our contract.
Consumer Rights Under CCPA
Right to Opt-Out
As a service provider, we process personal information of end users on behalf of our customers (who are “businesses” under CCPA) per the terms of our contracts with them. As a service provider, we do not sell the personal information of our customers’ end users. If you are using a service of a business that is one of our customers and you wish to exercise your right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, contact such business directly.
Right to Know
Right to Disclosure of Categories of Information: As a consumer, you have the right to request that a business provide the following disclosures covering the 12-month period preceding receipt of your request.
- The categories of personal information collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business has shared the personal information.
- The categories of personal information sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold.
- The categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose.
Right to Access Specific Pieces of Information: You also have the right to request access to the specific pieces of personal information collected about you in the preceding 12 months.
As a service provider, we will assist our customers to fulfill verified consumer access requests as long as we receive the request directly from the business that is our customer.
Right to Deletion
You have the right to request deletion of your personal information. As a service provider, we will work with our customers to fulfill consumer deletion requests that the corresponding business that is our customer directs to us. We will follow the deletion instructions upon receiving a verifiable request, unless we maintain the information for a permitted purpose under CCPA or we do not consider the information to be “personal information”. Please note that we are unable to delete information needed to:
- Detect, prevent or prosecute security incidents, fraud, or other misuse;
- Identify, repair, and debug errors that impair our products, services, systems, or other functionality;
- Comply with legal or reporting obligations, including to pursue or defend legal claims, exercise or enable others to exercise any rights provided by law, enforce or comply with contractual obligations, respond to valid requests for information, and comply with or enforce applicable laws and regulations; or
- Exercise or enforce any other exceptions provided by CCPA.
If your personal information is processed by a business that uses Doodle as a service provider, submit your requests directly to these businesses. We process data at these businesses’ direction, including assisting them with access, deletion, and other requests from their users. We will work with our customers that you have a direct relationship with to address your privacy rights.
Collection and Sharing of Personal Information
If you have any questions about any of the information in this notice, contact us at [email protected]